Doggy Slumber Parties
Our overnight stays are not like other boarding facilities. At A Walk in The Park, all the dogs sleep in a room with a trained staff member who helps reduce stress and provides a home-away-from- home experience. Rest assured, your dog receives 24-hour monitoring. Due to health concerns, we are not able to accept dogs from out of the area.
Dogs staying overnight should arrive before 4:00 PM, so they have a chance to play and settle in before bedtime. Check-out is at 11AM. Stays past 11AM will incur a half day care fee of $17, stays past 3PM will incur a day care fee of $27.
Vaccine Paperwork and Temperament Requirements
Vaccines and Required Paperwork
In order to stay overnight at our ranch, your pup must be up to date on its shots (including a canine influenza vaccine) and you must provide records from the vet.
All dogs that come to our ‘ranch’ for any service need to provide us with proof of vaccination: dogs need to be up to date on rabies, DHLPP, Bordetella, Canine Influenza Virus H3N2 and H3N8 and dogs must have a negative fecal exam. All vaccines must be administered by a licensed veterinarian.
You can email us a copy of those records at firstname.lastname@example.org, or have your vet fax them to 419-754-2125. We also require a signed release and waiver form. When signing up to Gingr, you will be able to digitally sign this form.
Temperament Testing Requirement
Because we are kennel-free, all dogs must be temperament tested prior to boarding. Your dog must come for at least two half-days of day care prior to any overnight stays so that we can assess its temperament.
Unfortunately, if your dog has not gone through our temperament test prior to making a reservation, you dog will not be able to stay with us.
- Dogs staying overnight take part in all daily doggy day care activities.
- All dogs must be in good health, without any illness, two weeks before visiting.
- Kennels are used only for feeding time.
- All dogs eat their own food. Please label food and provide amount your dog eats.
- We will administer medication at no charge. Make sure the medication has the name of the dog, dosage, when to administer, etc.
- There is no need to bring toys, blankets, or bowls; we provide our own.
- All dogs must have a regular collar with a plastic snap and a traditional leash.
$39 per dog
$34 for each additional dog
* If your dog stays 7 nights in a row, the 7th night is free.
Apply for Overnight Stays
To enroll for overnight stays, you will need to register your pup through an app called Gingr. Get started today!
What Our Pup Parents Have to Say
“Love love love Dirk and his crew! My boy Jonah spent many days and nights with Dirk. I wish I could of brought them all to Nc when I moved! Jonah and I miss you!”
— Kathy Webb Botts
“There is quite simply no one else that I would let care for my beloved dogs! Dirk and his staff are a huge gift to the dogs of the Toledo area!”
— Martha Burns
“Dirk and his team are awesome! It is Whit's home away from home:)"
— Sally Smith